Saturday, February 5, 2011

Albuterol Recall 2009

The inadequacy of a woman in haberdashery

morning I jumped into a shop to buy some patches for the pants of my firstborn. I confess I have always had strong resistance this type of purchase, because I clearly recall the image of us children of the seventies, dressed in blue overalls and red, with white stripes on the side, and the patches that were previously oval velvet sewn by our mothers even before they bucassero is, at the knees. Well, that image has always made me a bit 'sad, because I know a little' foundling orphanage Candy Candy ". However the style of that era was so, and over time I learned to accept it and look at old photos with more indulgence. And then, as a favorite of my eldest son is the "Space Drift" on his knees, too type pants made only twice a break up come se avesse passato un mese nella giungla. Quindi niente: o toppe o morte. Questa storia dell'acquisto delle toppe sembra banale, ma mi sono presto accorta che non lo era. Intanto, già per uscire dalla logica consumistica del "si rompe = si compra nuovo" ci ho messo un po'. Poi, una volta accettata l'idea della toppa, si è posto un altro problema: dove si vendono? Qualche supermercato le ha, ma ogni volta che mi ricordo di cercarle, trovo sempre l'espositore semi esaurito. Bene, vuol dire che non sono l'unica. Qualcuno mi parla della merceria, dove credo di non essere mai entrata in vita mia.
"Sai, quei posti dove vendono tutte le cose per il taglio e cucito, fili, nastri, stoffe, aghi, puntaspilli..."
Okay, and where can I find one? No, because I can tell you exactly how many wineries are there in my city, I always know what is the nearest bookstore, the record shop and even the fishmongers. But the haberdashery not appear on my display. Not even on the phone with the latest location-based applications (a sign that Mercer is a popular spot even from other smartphone owners). I noted a friend. Later I find myself in a kind of souk, where ladies from the eighties up jostle to attract the attention of the orders. I immediately hung up the patches: there's Winnie the Pooh, there's Superman, Batman is, in short, a great variety of shapes, colors and testimonials.
"I want those patches."
"applications, wanted to say."
I was immediately corrected by the contract, emphasizing the important difference in terminology (and therefore my ignorance). Evidently, the patches have remained obscenity oval velvet that law in the seventies (and in the centuries before), but then came the applications, you can place on any item of clothing, just for decoration. But I saw there the right to cover the holes in the pants. However, show off a false consciousness of what I was saying and agree, "Yes, yes, applications, of course."
The contract looks at me with pity, and my eldest son definitely give it the context of our situation: "Mom, can we buy these colored wires for my father, who always uses them sewing?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment